Wind Energy – Withdrawal Ørsted
Ørsted has pulled out of a consortium that was due to bid for offshore wind projects in Norway ahead of a pre-qualification deadline, one of its partners said on Monday.
Earlier this month the Danish company, the world’s largest offshore wind developer, also scrapped two U.S. offshore wind projects, flagging $5.6 billion in related impairments as costs ballooned due to rising interest rates and supply bottlenecks.
“Ørsted has informed us that due to a prioritisation of investments in the portfolio, it will withdraw from pursuing participation in offshore wind developments in Norway, and therefore their participation in the partnership will discontinue,” Norway’s Bonheur said in a statement.
Ørsted together with Bonheur’s wholly owned subsidiary Fred. Olsen Seawind ASA, formerly called Fred. Olsen Renewables AS, and Norwegian power producer Hafslund formed the Blaavinge consortium in 2021 to take part in planned offshore wind tenders in Norway.
Fred. Olsen Seawind and Hafslund will not be able to participate in the bottom-fixed wind tender now that Ørsted has pulled out of the consortium, Bonheur said. However, they still plan to work on a tender for floating offshore wind turbines.