Wind Energy – Sweden
Vattenfall acquires the majority stake in Zephyr’s two offshore wind power projects Poseidon and Vidar on the west coast of Sweden.
Zephyr and Vattenfall will now continue the development of the projects together.
The two wind power projects Vidar and Poseidon are located in Skagerrak between 25-27 km outside the west coast of Sweden.
They will primarily consist of floating wind turbines and are expected to have a total installed capacity of approximately 2.8 GW and an annual production of 10.5 TWh of renewable electricity. This is equivalent to the electricity consumption of about 1 million Swedish households.
After the acquisition, Vattenfall’s holding in Vidar and Poseidon is 85 percent and Zephyr owns the remaining 15 percent. The companies will further develop the projects together and apply for necessary permits for establishment.