Fossil energy – Petrobras
Petrobras is selling 100% of its units (held directly and/or indirectly) in MP Gulf of Mexico (MPGOM), located in Texas.
Petrobras owns a 20% Interest in MPGOM, with the remaining 80% interest owned by Murphy Oil Corporation Exploration & Production Company.
The MPGOM JV owns a stake in 15 fields in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, also holds an interest in Chevron operated St. Malo host facility. Barclays will act as a financial advisor to Petrobras for this transaction.
Out of 15 offshore fields in the GoM, eight are operated by MPGoM, and seven are not. In addition, MPGoM holds interest in the Chevron-operated St. Malo host platform.
Prospective buyers must demonstrate interest by 25 October; Petrobras will open a virtual data room for bidders signing a confidentiality agreement.